Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry Best Solution
Does your PC suddenly start working damn slow? And you open Task Manager and find system applications eating all the Memory and Disk? Disk Usage seems very high, and you try to End Task, but it reappears in a second? If yes, you are in the right place. Today in this post I will show you several methods to lower the Disk Usage cause by “Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry.”
Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry is a Microsoft service which sends feedback to Microsoft Servers by reading the behavior of your Desktop or Laptop devices. It may be driver info or devices attached. This information is necessary for Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry disk usage.
to enhance user experience in many ways. But it may be the reason to slow down your computer. If so, follow the post.
Without Using Any Third-party Software
METHOD 1: Disable Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry by Group Policy Editor
- Open Run by clicking “Window Key + R” on your keyboard. Type gpedit.msc and press enter.
- Navigate to Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Data Collection and Preview Builds.
- Open “Allow Telemetry” by double click and Disable it.
- Restart your computer if you still see Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry in Task Manager.
If for some reason, you can’t open the Group Policy Editor, you’ve to download it. Simply Google gpedit.msc and download it. Go to C:\Windows\SysWOW64, and copy the followings:
Folders: 1. GroupPolicy 2.GroupPolicyUsers and file gpedit.msc(console document)
Paste all the folders and files to C:\Windows\System and C:\Windows\System32
METHOD 2: Using Registry Editor to disable Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry
- Open Run and type “regedit” and press OK (Click YES if prompted by User Account Control).
- Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Policies > Microsoft > Windows > DataCollection, Right-click on DataCollection and choose New > DWORD (32-bit) Value.
- Name it “Allow Telemetry” open it by double click and set the Value to 0 (ZERO) and click OK.
- If it doesn’t work, please follow the post.
If both the mentioned method fails, you will need a third-party application to resolve your issue.
With help of Third-party Applications
METHOD 1: Using Driver Easy
There may be the case when this Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry service is sending data due to corrupted or damaged drivers. To solve driver related issues, you can manually reinstall every driver. But it is not the recommended method as it will consume time and may damage your computer even more.
So we will use “Driver Easy.”
- Download it from the official website.
- Run Driver Easy and click Scan Now, this will scan for all the corrupted registry and drivers.
- Now, if you paid for the software, you can choose Update All and easily fix the problem. It will choose the stable version of drivers for all of your devices. For the free version, you can choose manually and update one by one.
- Restart the Windows.
METHOD 2: Using EaseUS to speed up your PC.
This method is alternate to Driver Easy. You can try both if you want to try. This will collect all the junk from your PC and clean it. Cleaning up memory appropriately will increase the speed of your computer significantly. You can download EaseUS free partition software from here.
Follow these steps afterward:
- Install EaseUS from downloaded executable. Launch it from your desktop icon “EaseUS free partition tool”.
- Click “Clean and Optimization” and choose “Junk File Cleanup”.
- Click Blue Button “Analyze”, it’ll collect all the details of your memory consumption. This may take a few minutes.
- Check the trash you want to clear, recommend select all and “Clean Up”. Restart the computer and check the disk usage again from the task manager.
For more detail guide about this problem, you can comment below or contact me.
I hope your High Disk Usage gets solved by methods from the post. If you have any queries, feel free to comment below. Happy Troubleshooting.